Friday, February 15, 2008

Workin' for the Weekend....






I am sooo ready for some time away. I know it seems like we go away for the weekend a lot...well we do, but that is not the point at all. the point is that we are acutally going back to my childhood. I truly feel sorry for my friends who will be there with me. I will be sort of quiet at times as I look around because oten I find myself drifitng back into yesteryear remembering the things I used to do when I was a kid. Every corner and every snowbank I guarantee will take me back. As I am driving past Echo Summit sno-park I will remember it as the old ski area i would trek to every weekend and all of my winter breaks for practice and races.




I will remember taking part in the Special Olympics torch lighting ceremony, our pathways the ski patrol never knew we took, or knew but never told our mother. Either way...sweet!!! i will remember sitting on the ski lift while it was cold and snowy down at the lake and looking as if I was skiing down a mountain floating on a cloud.


When I pass across the Upper Truckee River I will remember the summers we used to raft all day. My older brother and I had a raft and my parents had another. It was a fun way to experience the true Tahoe...away from all others. I will see the exit to Emerald Bay and remember ALL of the hikes down to Vikingsholm Castle and spending the day on the beach there. I will remember catching tadpoles and crawdads and bringing them home to my mom who patiently discarded them when I was not looking.


I will never forget the days we would cruise around on our bikes all over having a great time. It was a dream childhood. I ice skated on a lagoon with my friends, oaddles all over the Tahoe Keys with my best friend and stood in the back of a truck while we sped along the dirt trail to Fallen leaf Lake with our boombox blasting Duran Duran in the background. Life was definitely good!!!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

My childhood memories are of catching crodads at Sugar Pine Point and my 13 year old summer romance with a boy who lived in Dollar Point. Duran Duran was totally a part of it all! Ahhh, those were the days!