Sunday, February 3, 2008

My dream home...


With my upcoming trip back home to good ol' South lake Tahoe I was thinking back to the thigns I did as a child. One thing we did often when visitors would come up is take them down into Emerald Bay to see Vikingsholm Castle. They once made a staircase one mile in length down the side of the mountain. When they realized that most people could not make it back up to the top without needing an ambulance they created a switchback trail that they still have to this day. Let me tell you, walk down and then up and you will truly learn how ell your personal trainer has done their work!!!! Anyway, that is beside the point. At the bottom is a little jewel named Vikingsholm Castle. It was built between 1928-1929. I fell in love with the simple elegance of this home. it has become my dream home and I asked Don if when we hit retirement and go to build a home on our property down in Texas if I could have my own Vikingsholm. He smiled, kissed me on the cheek, and said "Of course." So, I wanted to share with you a picture of my dream home that someday I will call my own personal piece of heaven.

1 comment:

Liz R. said...

can we come stay with you once it's built ; )