Sunday, February 10, 2008

Nervous Breakdown, USA!!!

Well, I tell you. My nerves were shot today. This, I beleive, is why the good Lord sent me my three all at once. He knew that I am not a small child person. Let me explain. Do you ever look at friends or people that you know in the ward that you can tell are hitting their parenting best whe the kids are a certain age? Some people are excellent with toddlers, infants or even teens. I am quite sure that I do better with older kids than toddlers and infants. Please do not get me wrong at all. I loved my kdis when they were babies and even toddlers...I just was not good at it. I didn't ahve that ability to talk to them on that level as easily as with my kids as old as they are now. I know that sounds really strange. For example. My dear friend Lora is fabulous with younger kids...any kids, but younger right now...I enjoy so much teens and such. I love the fact that my daughter and I can go out to see a chick flick together and really enjoy it. We watched Pride and Prejuidice with me at home and had a great time. We are making plans to go to see Twilight when it comes out in December. I truly enjoy this time in her life. I feel I am at my best with her at this age than when she was a baby. Amazing but true!!! I will survive the sunbeams though...I hope!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Uhhhh! It comes out in December???? Count me in, unless you just want to go alone. Let's make shirts! Okay, I am silly, I know!

tammy said...

T-shirts would be soo much fun I agree!!!

Hatch Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hatch Family said...

i'm in for the flick also! tammy, i must have you fooled. laura r. is good with toddler aged kids. i'm pretty sure it's not my season of kids, but i do the best i can.

Anonymous said...

I'm totally in for a chick flick! I'll have to re-read the first three too before the movie comes out!