Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A memory...

I was thinking back to when the kids were tiny. My babies were a year apart each and so that was a very trying moment in my life. I learned patience beyond anything anyone could expect. i learned how to line three little ones up to change all three diapers at once. We lived in good ol' Tualatin , Oregon then. Now, my oldest was a sunbeam and Molly was barely toddling around. This particular Sabbath Day I spent most of the time in the hallway taking care of the kids as they were all cranky beyond belief. I wondered if, even though I had not made it to one class, if Heavenly Father counted that as attending my church meeting. I had to wait for Don as his meeting was still going and the kids were crying needing a nap...I needed a nap. I just remember each step I took repeating my mantra for the day: "They are children of God...They are children of God..." Over and over to remind myself that although it didn't feel like it at that moment they really were special children that I truly loved. Besides, it cheered up my Relief Society President who walked out of the RS room hearing all three of the kids crying. She was more thankful for her grown children....

1 comment:

Jan said...

Those were the days and are the days. They are the great and dreadful.