Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Don't call me "Baby"...

In a last minute effort to save myself from having to buy a new stove I was buying new coils for my ancient stove and waited patiently for the young man at the checkout to help. he was very cheerful, but at some point in the process he said: "OK, baby, that will be such and such dollars." EXCUSE ME?! I looked him in the eye as I squinted Don took a step back knowing exactly what was about to happen. Naturally, I straightened the young man out and I am quite sure I ruined the rest of his day. Of course, i don't think he will call anyone "baby" again.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YOu have got to tell me what store you were at so I can complete the visual! LOL

tammy said...

It was Orchard Supply Hardware. poor soul. i seem to remember he was nearly tearing up when I got through. I may had felt some guilt if his bottom lip quivered....nah!!!

Liz R. said...

that's funny!

Jan said...

That was a funny one baby. I just can't believe how shocking and funny at the same time that must of been.