Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Wahoo!!!!!!!

Ok! I am so thrilled that I am jumping for joy!!!! Well, not literally as it is way too early to wake the masses, however, what I am thrilled at is that my children are back at school!!!!! Now, I love them dearly, but it had become increasingly difficult to keep them entertained. They have been off since before Christmas which kept them occupied for a bit. Of course, as usual, Christmas passes on and there really isn't a whole lot to do after that. During the final week I smiled when I heard they had chosen to have a movie week. Each day they would take turns picking out one movie and Molly would bring out her air popper, which is a smaller scale of my giant popper, and make popcorn for everyone. During their break I am happy to report my kids have learned a few more cooking skills. Bryan can now make his own macaroni and cheese...from the box. I am very proud of my little guy. he has learned to measure out the milk and butter and how to boil the macaroni. He already makes a pretty good pancake, from bisquick...meaning he has to actually follow a recipe, and even omelets. All three of my kids make pretty good omelets...Too bad I don't like omelets. Corinna and Molly have become very good about doing their own laundry while Bryan is still learning. All in all it has been a pretty productive six weeks off of school, but I do have one question....Who will make lunch for me now?!?!?

2 comments:

Poetry of Life said...

I can make a mean PB&J!

Unknown said...

The up-side to working outside the home is that our children become a little more self reliant. My children are so dependent on me, I still pick out their clothes in the am. UGH!