Thursday, February 7, 2008

I was shocked!!!!

What most of have noticed is that I am fairly laid back. I don't get too upset too easy for the most part. However what you don't know is that when I do happen to get upset it is because someone has said or done something incredibly stupid. I do not use the word "stupid" lightly, but this last week someone hit a nerve. Also something that you may not know is that our store is the local school bus stop which means our driveway to the house and parking lot are often filled with kids heading home after school or getting picked up. I ahve to pick up trash and items they decide to throw on the ground every day, but even that is not quite the big deal as that doesn't happen too often. However, one day last week I was helping a customer who had parked in front of our store. He was in the middle of buying boots which is always a big deal here at the store when the school bus driver sent a child in to ask us to have our customer move his truck sothat she could pull through on our driveway that the school district does not pay us a dime to drive on at any time. I just boiled over and told the child to please go back and tell the bus driver that the truck belongs to our customer as does the property and we are not moving it until he is ready to move it. Am I wrong?! I promise you I was very sweet to the child as it was not his fault the bus driver had nerve to ask such a stupid question.

3 comments:

Silcox Stories said...

That is absolutely absurd and I think you need to call the school district as well. I'm sure you were nice to the kid. Make sure you get the bus number, although given that you are the stop it shouldn't be hard to figure out!

Unknown said...

The nerve! I think you handled it better than I would've!

Poetry of Life said...

You go girl! If they aren't going to pay you to use your land, you have every right to tell them what you want! Good job Tammy!