Saturday, February 2, 2008

I didn't want to go.....

Truly, I didn't want to go. I had every reason not to: electrical problems with the house, exhaustion and I just plain did not want to go...but I am sooo happy I did. Two nights earlier I receieved a call from a friend asking if we were still going to ward temple night. We completely had wiped it from our memory in a vain attempt to be a bit more selfish with our time, I suppose. It's always so sad when we go. We and the other couple are the only ones who seem to go for ward temple night. beleive me, I understand everyone has their times they can make it. Some have to come earlier due to babysitters and such. But honestly I thought to myself..."Why do we even have a ward temple night once a month?" If everyone goes at different times and doesn't show up on that one particular night a month, then why bother? Please believe me when I say I am not being judgemental at all on anyone as I know schedules are very hectic. Last night was the most incredible feeling that I have had in a long time while serving another sister in the temple. After the phone call, I really thought about everything going on, especially the death of our dear President Hinckley. I thought: how best I could thank him for the service he had given while on this earth? The answer was simple...go to the temple. The way I see it, he was a tool in the Lord's hands to dot the world with temples allowing members worldwide the blessing of eternal marriage. I was not disappointed last night. When we arrived and managed our way to the chapel waiting for our turn we managed to scoot into the last group. when I walked into the large endowment room and saw it was packed with very few seats left open it nearly brought tears to my eyes. I was not the only one who received that inspiration to attend the temple that night. It was a touching tribute to such a sweet man. One stake had five buses!

Today we lay our dear prophet to rest. We thank him with tears in our eyes and hearts full of gratefulness for all he has taught us and done. I will miss him greatly, but he has made me a better person and for that I will always be thankful. Rest well, dear brother.

No comments: