Wednesday, February 20, 2008

If....

Has your hubby ever surprised you with a reaction that you did not expect? Mine did today, but unfortunately I cannot just tell you what he said without going through the history behind today. Enjoy!!!

There is a running joke between Don and I....and please believe me that we are not serious about this at all. When he was out of town 3 weeks out of the month he would call me every night and truly worried about my loneliness as it was just me and the three kids. I would often joke with him that I was never alone. That Raul, my latin lover, was with me whenever he was gone. I joked with him that the love of his life, and every other teen boy in the 80's, Cindy Crawford.

Today at work we were looking through a trade magazine and there in the center was good ol' Cindy Crawford looking as fabulous as ever, which incredibly enough irked me that she looked so good after kids!!! Anyway, Don and I were laughing about how we refered to Raul and Cindy, but I had to warn my poor hubby that my heart no longer belonged to Raul. I have moved onto Johnny Depp. I mean, for goodness sake, I have watched him since 21 Jumpstreet.---I can just hear half of you in your mind saying "What was 21 Jumpstreet?" Especially since none of you were probably old enough to remember. How tragic! Don started laughing and shook his head.

He kissed me on the forehead and said: "Well, if anything happens to me and he walks through the front door I have a feeling he would fall head over heels in love with you. Everyone does." Then he gave me a big hug.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! You have a great guy there, what a hearfelt comeback. I have a thing for Hayden Christianson at the moment.

Liz R. said...

what a sweet husband you have.