Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Late Valentine's Day...


As promised, Don took me shopping to one of my favorite stores up in Tahoe and this is what he bought me. I am not the diamonds type of girl...Don would love it if I were. Instead I like the natural stones from the earth...yes I know diamonds come from the earth but I am just not a blingy girl. Sorry. This stone is actually Larimite. The only known place of its existance is under the Caribbean near the Dominican Republic. There is a small under water mountain that is only one kilometer wide. I truly love the colors of this piece. Along the edges is a sandy color but in the center is bright white mixed in with the same turquoise color you associate with the water in the caribbean. If you hold the pendant to the sun or another light source you will find see the turquoise inside actually light up and shine on through. I am totally loving it!!! I always have loved the ocean and so to get something from the ocean to wear is incredible to me.

No comments: