Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What I have learned in 37 years....

I have learned to stand up for what is right and forget about what went wrong.
I have learned that raising a teen is like nailing jello to a tree...literally impossible so why stress?! just guide.
I have learned that at the end of the day it truly does not matter whether I am 30lbs or 300....hubby will still lvoe me...although please shoot me if I reach 300!!! Please!!!
I have learned that not everyone is perfect and not to expect them to be.
I have learned that there is never enough time in the day and to be realistic.
I have learned that I should always keep a dream in my heart.
I have learned that with the Lord everything is possible!!!

It may seem stragne to some that I am posting ym age, but honestly I love the age I am and where I have been. there have always been good and bad things happening in my life, but I can look back and see how much I ahve grown in those years. I am truly looking forward to turning forty because then my reverse birthdays start. What are those you may ask?!?! A small group of friends and I got together on each others birthdays. Our new tradition started when one turned 40. We would all go out together as a group and have dinner. After dinner it was time for the presents. Our wacky and eldest friend in the group started this tradition where she gave us all gifts on her 40th birthday. I thought it was a fabulous idea because I LOVE to give thigns to people. So, ladies, in three years we gather for dinner!!!! I can't wait to start shopping!!!!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Great list of things learned Tammy. You are still young and vivacious. 37 is a walk in the park. You'll love it.

Glad that you had a good birthday. Keep on learning and loving life.

Hatch Family said...

Happy Birthday!!