Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A long hot summer...


Well, maybe not all summer!!!!
It seems that our forecast here over the next few days is hot, not quite as hot- yet still hot enough to annoy me, and blazing hot. What shall we do?! Well, the kids, luckily, are in year round school so they are in air conditioned classes all day. Once they get home they do their homework at the store...again AC controlled. Afterwards I am sure they will spend a ton of time in the pool before we get home from work. We will be heading straight out to dinner because honestly, when your house is an oven, why bother turning mine on? Afterwards we will waste enough time to keep ourselves cool before going to the hot house. Take about 5 showers before heading to bed and passing out. Wake up and repeat the day. We shall get some relief on Friday and that is what I am keeping my eyes on. Friday is almost here. Just a few days away...right....right? RIGHT?! I am sure I am.

Yes, I know...it is pathetic that we do not have air conditioning. I swore after that 123 degree heat two years ago I would get it, but honestly when you think of the price involvbed in having ducts and everything installed. it truly does not sound all that appealing to pay that huge amount for just a few days a year. However, as I age I am discovering that I am not enjoying the heat any more than when I was young. We are going to ahve a huge celebration when this happens. I guarantee it!!! Have a great day!!!

4 comments:

Poetry of Life said...

I can't stand being hot either. You are welcome to come on over anytime and lounge on my couch!! We keep it at 80 in the house. Not really cold, but it's better than 103!

Jan said...

I am so with you. Everyone is saying bring on the hot, I am saying lets move to Alaska. I think our bodies change as we get older. The temp goes up and we become more annoyed by the hot temps. Sorry about your ac situation.

Stay cool and swim.

Redhoodoos said...

Well at least you are in air conditioning most of the day and it won't last for too much longer!! Thank goodness for pools!

Liz R. said...

what about a window AC in a couple rooms? or a swamp cooler? it is HOT here until October. i don't know how you can handle it! our ac is set at 84 and poor little carson walks around the house sweaty all day.