Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A funny thing happened at Girl's Camp...

Actually, it was most defintiely a good thing. As most of you can see I am home from Girl's Camp...temporarily. I was asleep late Sunday night into the Monday morning hours when I was awakened by a prompting...I needed to get home. I had no idea why and I had no idea what was in store for me and I couldn't possibly understand...until today that is.

Yesterday after the decision was made for me to follow the prompting tears came to my eyes. for those of you who have never experienced Girl's Camp...you are indeed missing out. Working in the kitchen is one fo the most wonderful palces in camp, to me. There is no drama from the girls...it is simply service lovingly given. Our staff is one of the most incredible groups of rag tag people I have met. Once I told them and was given hug after hug to show their support I jumped in the truck and drove straight through the three hours home. I called my hubby, with tears streaming down my face, I felt a disappointment that I had not finished my calling, and explained what happened he told me he loved me and would be waiting for me to arrive. Once I arrived home I got my hug and then realized that I still had no clear answer as to why I came home...until this morning. I had taken Don's truck to camp to haul all of the necessities needed to run the kitchen properly. With his truck gone, he is unable to pick up feed for the store. We are out, dead out. Our dear little store will never survive without it. I found out this morning that the shipment originally slated for today would not be here until Thursday. With me being home, he can take the truck and pick it up today. Thank heavens!!! I am so grateful for the gentle promptings of the spirit, evne if it is hard to follow sometimes. I will be returning to Girl's Camp tomorrow, with the truck, to haul everything home again Saturday. I am grateful to the Lord and I am grateful for my friends who made my departure from camp easier knowing I needed to follow what I was told. I will see you all in a few days!!!

4 comments:

Jan said...

I am so glad that you heeded the promptings of the spirit. It is so hard to understand sometimes of the whys until later. I am sorry you had to cut your fun time short.

Take care and glad you had fun.

Robin Beck said...

The biggest regrets I had in life is when I didn't listen to the gentle nudge of the Holy Spirit.
Sometimes I need to be knocked on the head with a brick to hear him!
I'm so glad you heard and it all worked out for everyone... We will be looking forward to your return!
Have Fun!

♪Emmy♪ said...

well that is good that you wanted to go home!!!!

Unknown said...

What an awesome story!!!! You are a true example.