Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The first day of school...


The most hallowed day of every mother's year has come and thankfully it was earlier than most. We LOVE year round school!!! The kids had one blissful week of vacation between their school year. I now am the mother of a 8th, 7th & 6th grader. How will I cope with all of this fun?! My oldest has already been scoping out the high schools trying to decide where she fits in best. Next thing we know it will be colleges she is looking for. Oh my!!! Where is my time machine?!

Wait, that means I would go back to the time when I had all three kids in diapers!!! Hmm...maybe I'll trash the time machine instead. Better to go forward than to live in the past.

As you can see, not all of my kids were excited about the first day of school. Don't worry, he has survived...though he was also the one that called me grumpy!!! Sorry pal, no sympathy coming from this grumpy mom!!!!

6 comments:

♪Emmy♪ said...

i bet that they had a great time at school.

Jan said...

Cute cute kids Tammy. I would love to look at those smiles all day long. For being grumpy, they sure look happy. lol

Jules said...

You know I saw the first picture at the top - your girls with big smiles ready to start school, and thought........ that is SUCH a GIRL reaction. My two boys would NEVER EVER in a million years, look forward to school starting.
And

then

I saw it.

Thank your son for me. He is holding up the guy side of this issue with flying colors.

Redhoodoos said...

Cute cute kids! The first day of school is always such an exciting time!

Poetry of Life said...

I have to say that I'm glad I switched mine to Blue track. Now that Dani is going into first grade and will be gone all day, I'm not sure I'm ready for it. When she's a teenager, I'm sure I'll be pushing her out the door, but I'm grateful to have her home a little more. The picture of the kids turned out really cute!!!

Unknown said...

the kids look really beautiful. Miss you guys!