Friday, July 25, 2008

A fond farewell...for a week.

Here is my only problem with Girl's Camp....I can't take my computer!!!! I actually enjoy the break and my dear hubby and I need one from each other at this point. We are stressed to the gills and it is mostly because of my being Head Cook thing. Really, I am none too thrilled about it!!! However, it will be better once I get up there. I am truly going to be happy once I figure out that i have planned for enough food. the stress kills me!!! Of course, the happiness of knowing that I have a legitimate excuse of why not to accept next year is even better. That got rid of a major amount of stress right there!!!!

I will be bringing my camera...those joining me, be forewarned!!!! I am excited that we leave tomorrow. Don will be fine here at the store and I will get a much needed rest. That will be a good thing methinks!!! Of course, I don't think there is much rest working in the kitchen, but it is a fabulous feeling to serve others for the week. It seems funny to me that we have such different camps and experiences over the world. I have a friend whose daughter has bare minimums when she goes to camp and here we are having a state of the art kitchen...well, state of the art for most camps to be honest. how many do you know that have warming ovens? It is amazing and I am thrilled to death. hubby is always supportive of me attending, but also somewhat sad when I am not here. For that I love him. He is a good guy and I am thankful for him everyday.

Other than that we are feeling very good. We have shared the news of our impending adventure to Texas to those close around us. Truly, most of the customers and such will find out in November. I will call our mortgage company with some questions today. They have always been really wonderful to us, I am thankful for that. Other than that our decisions have been fairly easy. We will contact an agent coming in October to put it up in November. We shall see what happens.

I have to tell you all that I am very excited about this. We will be moving to a new area of the country. it will be far more fun to not have to work with hubby. We were both enjoying that thought because in all honesty, when you work together all day, and then go home together at night...What int he world do we talk about?! Not a thing. We already know everything!!!! I think there is a chance that we could explore the lower half of the US on vacations and such which would be great. Of course, that also means that we will be closer to Disney World...a high point on my list!!! And, although we are putting on hold Don's 40th birthday cruise on the Mediterranean, we will still be going on our trip to Australia with the kids the following year. Don was happy that at least we could still plan on that adventure.

Well all, I guess I am signing off for now. Have a great day and I will write when I get home next week. Until then....keep smiling!!!!

3 comments:

Jan said...

Have a great week Tammy.

Poetry of Life said...

I can't believe you guys are leaving? It will be a great adventure for you and I hope you can sell the store quick and easy. Although we will miss you terribly! At least there is blogging...

Jeanette said...

I have been blog hopping tonight and dropped by yours. I noticed you mentioned a move to San Antonio, TX. You will LOVE it there. It is so beautiful and the weather isn't nearly as humid as it is here in Houston, TX. I hope everything goes well with your plans!