Thursday, March 13, 2008

Two major decisions for me....

Well, my friends, I have been really pondering two major decisions...well, one minor and one major to me. First and foremost, I did try the whole name change of my blog, but to be honest I feel good with Just Me. It's like when a good friend calls up to check on you and she says: "Hey, it's just me." It is a comfortable feeling that I like and that is what I want this blog to be...comfortable.

My second decision is something a little more hefty of a weight. I have thought about it many ways. Here is what has been troubling me: What do I write now? You see, many of you know that I write and it is something that I enjoy. I finished my first novel and it is published with Lulu.com, an online publisher. I am waiting to see, but in a couple weeks it should appear on Amazon.com which will be the most exciting moment of my life...next to my temple marriage and my kids' births...you know, that sort of thing. However, I have been really wanting to write lately, but unsure if I am going to start on the second installment of my novel or if I want to do an entirely different story. The truth is...a new one has fallen into place, but I am going to terribly miss my dear friends in the previous book. So, after a lot of consideration I have decided that I am going to start writing on a different story that nobody has really heard anything about and more than likely will not until it is finished.

You see, in my mind when I am coming up with the story and characters I fit the pieces of the story together like a puzzle in my head before starting up my writing. I do not outline, like most do. I hate the idea because my ideas tend to evolve from my head and not from a piece of paper. I know the basics of the story, but it changes throughout the writing process which is long and drawn out. Needless to say, I am fairly excited because it is a nice little story that is in my head, but I know it will turn into something completely different than what I expect. To be honest, the male character is the easiest of them all. The female character is a bit more complex. We shall see what happens, but as I am typing the ideas flow into my head....it would make a great "Girl's Night Out" movie to go see. Yes, I see the movie and I see the man standing before me. My heart is aching to get started. Why disappoint my heart?!?!?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Write away! Enjoy! YOu are blessed with this talent and this yearning, do not deny it. :)