Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Recent Survey...

A fellow blogster went out and polled people she came into contact and asked them: "Do you feel lucky?" I thought about that question and wondered how I truly felt. I as the consummate people pleaser will say "yes" no matter what is happening. of course i also say that "I am fine" when my sunbeams were in revolt. So, I decided to actually put some deep thought into this.

Most of the idea of being "lucky" depends a lot on our attitude. If you have a positive attitude then you will always feel lucky, but if you are down and depressed...chance are that you will not feel so lucky.

For the most part, yes I feel truly lucky. I am married to man destined to be my husband. He accepts my quirks and I accept his blindly and I feel lucky that I get to spend all day with my best friend. Of course that does have its downside too, but we won't get into that one quite yet. I have three fabulous kids who drive me bonkers till the end of time, but I figure if Heavenly Father had a hard time getting his children to obey...Garden of Eden...Adam & Eve eating the forbidden fruit...then I must not be doing too bad. I have a roof over my head...that sometimes feels like the money pit, but it is mine. I have a car that runs and has a fabulous anti-theft device...nobody wants to steal a "plum" colored car with the license "Goofmobile" on it. I have food on my table and a warm bed to sleep in. most of all...I have come to the earth in this dispensation where although there is a lot of negativity and evil around the world...there is much good. I have the gospel. I can share it with a friend. I can share it with the world, but most of all I can teach my children.

So, basically in answer to the question...yes, I feel very lucky.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Thanks for taking the time to really think about the question. I had so much fun doing that survey and I can't wait to do something else. I was amazed at all I have learned from so many different walks of life. I am feeling better about the word lucky all the time. Have a wonderful day.