Monday, March 3, 2008

The Money Pit...

I am quite sure that there are many of you out there who remember the movie: "The Money Pit." I believe it had Shelley Long and Tom hanks maybe. Anyway, more to the point since we bought this house from my in-laws along with the store and property we have learned that this house and everything having to do with it is a huge money pit. Whenever we try to get ahead of the projects we find something else that needs to be fixed more. It was like when I moved the couch to rid myself of the peach colored walls...that color and I do not mix. needless to say when I moved the couch (she so loving left behind as I had enough furniture for an apartment, but not a house) and I found a large crack in the wall about a half an inch thick. So the same went for our backyard. We have had to re-vamp the entire pool and waterfall, but now that we have finished that we had to turn our attention to the deck.


As you can see it is a lovely deck, but what you can't see is the rotting wood from years of neglect. So, we had to tear it down and start from scratch.

Today we were lucky enough to finish off the project we have been waiting for the sun to come out again. So, I am happy to show you the newest project.

I still have much more to go. i am sure I will be laying stones next weekend on the opposite side of our yard. Ugh!! I don't want to think about that!!! My back hurts already!!! Someone pass the Tylenol!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks so awesome. I am impressed!

Poetry of Life said...

Let us know if you need help! Brent laid pavers at BYU and I'm sure I can pick it up quick. It always go quicker when there is someone to talk to and lots more hands to do the work!