Sunday, March 2, 2008

How Big of Disney Fan Am I?

I have been asked how big of a Disney fan I am and so I will describe a picture that I bought while in Disney World a few years ago. While we were in Epcot there was a Disney Art Studio. I was intrigued by a picture I found framed. It was not only a picture of one of my favorite characters but it reminds often how I feel in my life when I am going through troubles. A year earlier I went to Disneyland and California Adventure with my kids and found a place to test our personalities to see which Disney character we were. Don came out as Mushu from Mulan and no surprise to my family I came out as Mulan. My mother thought it was the perfect choice, not because we look so much alike...wink wink, but because she believed with her whole heart I would put myself in harm's way to save a family member.

Anyway, to make a long story short it is a picture of Mulan during her army training where she felt like failure and couldn't do anything right. She was trying to climb to the top of the pole to retrieve an arrow but had fallen for the umpteenth time. She felt like a failure, but that is just before she makes up her mind to not accept defeat. That has been my attitude on more than one occasion and it is a picture that means so much to me for that reason and not for the signature form the actress that supplied Mulan's voice in the movie. A picture is worth a thousand words....to me it is priceless.

No comments: