Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Changes...

Life seems to be changing uncontrollably here at our house. First thing that happened was that my daughter grew up. No longer the itty bitty little gal I knew, but instead I now have a teenager, having her period and not to mention the fact that we just added on a cell phone for her. She has so many activities now that she does need a phone to be able to call home and check in or let us know when she is finished so that way she can call and we can pick her up. Needless to say I am thrilled...for the most part. I do remember when my daughter was so small and sweet. She is still sweet but her life seems to be growing independent from mine now. It is sad for me to think that in 5 years my little girl will be preparing to head off to college. Where did the time go? That cell phone is just a symbol of her independence and her teen status to me....I want to smash it!!!!!

1 comment:

Jan said...

I don't blame you at all. Those cutting the apron strings are the pits. It does get better, but it is so hard to watch. Hang in there. They need you more now than when little.