Sunday, March 2, 2008

In about 5 minutes...

In about 5 minutes I will be wandering about the house waking my children from their slumbers. My little boy will groan, my oldest daughter will say: "I'm awake! I'm awake!" and my youngest daughter will completely ignore me when I try to wake her. However, I think I will send my secret weapon....Daddy. Since I wake them up every morning for school and such when he wakes them up it is a treat...why is that? Why can't they wake up for me like that? One of those mysteries I suppose.

We spent last night having dinner with the kids at the old Banta Inn. Normally hopping on a Saturday night it was rather quiet and that was wonderful as I had about as much energy as a slug. We dropped the kids off and went over tot he grocery store to stock up our refrigerator and make it appear as if we have food in the house. Don laughed and said: "How long so you think this food will last?" "Tuesday." I answered back in as serious a tone as I could muster.

I would like to share a funny story about our food. I planned on sauteeing some mushrooms for dinner as there are a few of us that LOVE mushrooms in this house (and if you ever go to the Banta Inn the fried zucchini and fried mushrooms are delicious). well, the night I was going to make dinner i looked down into the mushroom carton and there were mushrooms missing. The first person I thought of was my dear little Molly. I asked her if she ate them and a smile crept across her face. i asked her if she ate them just as they were or how she cooked them. She instantly replied with a little gleam in her eye:

"Well Mom, I took the small pan and warmed up some of your Tillamook sweet butter and then i chopped up three mushrooms and threw them in. i also added some chives and just a tiny bit of garlic for flavor. then I just sauteed them until done."

How could I reply back to that....she's 10!!! Some man is going to be happy with her cooking skills. So far she can make pancakes, omelets, spaghetti, and now sautees mushrooms in her spare time. Pretty soon she will be cooking dinner for us every night!

No comments: