Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Girl's Camp is a comin'....

I never knew that being head cook would be quite so demanding for Girl's Camp. I have changed the menu umpteen times now and as it now turns out I have to change it yet again. At the regional meeting I was told that there needed to be a priesthood holder at the camp at all times to man the generator. Since the administrators were going to church then they decided it was our responsibility to provide that priesthood holder. No problem with that. My problem is that everyone should be going to church at some point. How was I going to pull this one off. Well, that was all solved by the administrators when I talked to them yesterday. There are actually two meeting times. one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. Needless to say we were happy to see that!!! So, half of us can attend in the morning and the other half in the afternoon. We shall see how that works, but I am thinking it will be just fine. So, we have it all figured out. my nest hurdle is the Level 3 &4 young women planning their menu for the hikes. We shall see how that one turns out. I am really nerve wracked on that one, but that is a whole other story. We shall see what happens.

It's funny that I naively believed that I was only in charge of the food and not of logistics of going to church and everything. What was I thinking?!?!?!

3 comments:

Jan said...

Your a better woman than I. Girls Camp is a huge undertaking and they are so lucky to have you helping. Hang in there and it will be a blast I am sure.

Unknown said...

Lean on me! Even though I have nothing to do with camp, you can still bounce ideas-vent-ask questions- etc to me. Heaven knows I did that with you in my calling!

Liz R. said...

it's funny that you have to cook the food for the girls. when i went to girls camp growing up we had to cook our own food. obviously someone had to organize it, but we all had little camp stoves and cooked/cleaned up ourselves. we also had to set up our own tent. . .