Thursday, March 6, 2008

A New Name & Artificial Intelligence

I finally decided on a new name for my blog. "Just me" was just way too boring for the world around me so i settled for Turtle Bay. When we went to Maui two Januaries ago I took my oldest out into Kapalua Bay to snorkle for the first time. Since she fell in love with sea turtles I took her out to show her where there was a green sea turtle hiding under a rock shelf. When we reached the desired spot we were watching as it swam out from under the rock. It had apparently been there for two hours. We followed it for a few moments until it turned and swam straight towards us. Don excitedly watched as it swam inches under me. Aside from swimming with dolphins that was one of the coolest things to happen to me and a memory Corinna will remember forever. Anyway, that is the most relaxing time and incredible time I had sharing with one of my kids. That is the way my life is...experiences with my family...THAT is Turtle Bay to me.

As for the artificial intelligence... Well I had my hair done today. I cut ALOT off. It is shorter than I have had it in many years. The only time it was shorter was when I shaved it along the sides for my 8th grade graduation. I also added some color. Now, you have to understand, I have been a blonde my entire life...naturally. It is very difficult to look in the mirror and see a reddish brown haired woman looking back at me. I love it. I don't normally love anything this quickly, but she blended a deep brown with a red copper and made a great shade....and I still have my blonde highlights so it is not unbelievably dark on me either. I love this woman!!! She is a wonderfully creative woman. So, in answer to your question, no I am not posting my picture on the blog. I hate getting pictures taken so it is not going to happen, but rest assured most of you will see me in church on Sunday...if not at the school dropping off the kids. Oh and by the way here is the joke: "What do you call a blonde who dyes her hair brownish-red? Artificially Intelligent!!!!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Many thoughts here...#1- CHICKEN to not post a pic
#2- the ONE day I will not be picking E up from school! Maybe I will just have to pop down there anyway, I can't wait until Sunday. I will probably be in bed sick though. I can't wait to see this new woman! What does Donny boy think?