Friday, March 7, 2008

A Quote...

I have a list of quotes I hang in the dungeon, my office at work, and I often look over them to really remind me of how I want to be and how I want to grow. One of my favorite is by Mother Theresa:
"If you judge people, you will not be able to love them."
How simple is that? I try to remember that when people seem to go off the deep end. Why should I judge them when I go off the deep end sometimes? I like to remember these, because I find often when people come in feeling miserable and may take it out on me...which happens quite often in the retail world it keeps my sanity in place. I realize, they are having a bad day and leave it at that. Much of the time they come back and apologize for being so grumpy the week before or they simply explain what has been going on. More often than not I am happy that I did not jump all over these people for their behavior towards me. Other times...I just grab for the good ol' chocolate!!!!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Good for you to try for not judging them instead to what they might be going thru. We all have our times and act out of sorts. I think we really have to be careful. Everyone has a story and we just don't ever know what they are dealing with. Good one.

Unknown said...

My favorite quote is similar:
" If you compare yourself to others you will either think you are superior or inferior, neither is good for us. Don't compare at all."