Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I woke up way too early.

The wind was incredibly loud this morning pushing the palm trees back and forth and making the windows in my home rattle. So, I dragged myself out of bed...I wasn't sleeping with all that racket outside anyway and sat down in my favorite chair and started wandering on the internet. My mind drifted off into the past couple days and realized jsut how fast my children are growing up. I look at them in awe knowing full well that each were pulled from my tummy over a decade ago and that they have grown so much in that time. I have decided to be much more thankful instead of looking to see what others have. So, here is what I came up with:

I am thankful for...
Corinna...my oldest and a crbon copy of myself. She spends a lot of time with her nose in books and truly is a sweetheart. She is shy and reserved, but incredibly sarcastic...yes, she inherited that trait from me as well. She has a good heart and will always be my baby.

Bryan...my only little boy. As a baby he always had a smile for his mommy. He is nearing his twelfth birthday which changes his entire life around. He will now attend mutual at church where he will have a lot of fun activities even though he is the tiniest little thing. He is tall for his age, but being that most of the young men are much taller it will be hard for me to watch someone so young be with the older boys. I'll just keep my eyes closed tightly until he fills out. I noticed on Sunday as I relaxed in my chair...computer in lap...that he kept giving me hugs and gave me a bigger and bigger smile each time. he reminded me that just because he was turning twelve didn't mean that I would never get hugs and kisses from him. What a guy!!!

Molly...oh my dear little curly girl. She was my last baby and will always be known as my baby. She is a snuggler and always has been. She very much likes to climb into bed with her Daddy and I in the morning when we aren't rushing out for work. She is quiet at times and is a thinker. She gets frustrated easily, but in the end when she conquers something you can't wipe the smile from her face. She is my little bug.

My hubby...yes, that big sweet guy that I married almost 16 years ago!!! Myheart aches when he struggles, but when he finally succeeds I get excited. He is my eternal sweetie and I love him. Working together and basically being togethr 24 hours a day seven days a week can have its drawbacks, but I have seen him grow as a person and watched over the years as his spirit grows. I lvoe to watch him as he kneels down and says his prayers at night. Humbleness and a grateful heart have always gone hand in hand with him. he is a fun-loving spirit who loves to spend time with his family. I remember when the neighborhood boys would come and ask if he could come out and play. A child at heart!!!

My home. It is an older home and not as pretty as most. There are drafts and problems we encounter with every project that we start, but home is where your heart is and slowly it is coming to life and beginning to be our own and not just the house where he grew up.

My car...The Goofmobile as we call it gets me from point A to Point B which is a wonderful thing. It can be frustrating at times not to have a car that you can trust, but it helps me complete the things that I need to do. For that I am thankful.

My church...From outdside eyes religion can be a binding thing, keeping you from really enjoying life. For me the rules and beliefs that I have set me free. Yes, I can do what I want to do...and I have done them. Many on the outside looking in don't undersand how saying no alcohol can NOT be binding. I will give you an example. I didn't join this church until I was 20 years old. I did hang out with people who drank and not surprisingly I did drink alcohol. I am a bit of a control freak and so I did not like losing control of my mouth, my thoughts and my actions when I drank. I watched my friends get toasted and then turn into idiots. I watched them smoke pot and bit by bit lose the intelligence and passion for life they once had. It didn't seem cool to me any longer. Outsiders complain about the fact that the women do not hold the priesthood. Quite hoenstly, i do not desire to obtain it as holding the priesthood is a great responsibility as is having children. I mean really think about it. God created life...Adam & Eve... priesthood holders cannot. Women create life on this earth. What a beautiful blessing we have to create a life where there was none. Holding a newborn in your arms and knowing you have created them is an icnredible feeling that the men in our lives cannot truly treasure like we can. I love my religion. It frees me to soar like the eagles overhead.

Those are jsut a few things I am thankful for today. Aside from the regular...hot showers, chocolate, foot massages....you get the point!!!

1 comment:

Jan said...

You really thought alot about those things that you are grateful for. I love how you were productive when you couldn't sleep. As in being thankful instead of complaining.
Kids, hubby, home, The Gospel etc. are all wonderful things to be happy and thankful for. Wonderful post.