Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Before my eyes...


As I sat watching conference from the comforts of my own bed I watched a great man become greater. To be honest, as a convert, not seeing many new prophets come to the stand or being able to recognize exactly what was happening when it happened, I knew something was happening, but was unclear exactly how to put my finger on it. Then I realized...he is our prophet and the mantle was literally being passed in that moment. My heart became full and tears poured down my cheeks realizing what a beautiful and sacred moment that was. I have always loved President Monson. He has been one of my favorites because of his wonderful humor and quiet service. I ahve heard some people refer to different prophets as "their" prophets. I never understood what they meant. President Hinckley I adored because he was always so cute to me...if you can calla prophet cute, but for some reason I always connected with President Monson. When he speaks my heart is always touched. He is "my prophet."

2 comments:

Jan said...

I received my own testimony on Saturday afternoon. It was amazing to see the shifting of the mantle. I saw it and felt it and loved it. I was truly overcome how they had each age and group sustain them. It was a whole new meaning for my daughter. Way more personal in nature. He will be a wonderful Prophet to follow. Thanks Tammy for this post of your thoughts and experience.

Unknown said...

I started to cry during the sustaining. I really, really love him too. With that being said, it really hit home to me, as conference ended, that President Hinckley is not coming back. I missed him...