Sunday, April 27, 2008

One Last Sunday...

Today is kind of a sad day for me at church. Today I watch as my son walks into primary for his very last time as an enrollee. He will give his talk and say good-bye to his friends and next week he turns into a twelve year old and walks into young men and becomes a deacon. Most of my friends in the ward don't know how heartbreaking, yet exciting, it is because we have a very young ward and they all have much younger children. I do admit though...I am excited for Bryan to live up to some new experiences...passing the sacrament, collecting fast offerings, scout camp, attending mutual with the other young men, becoming one of the guys. I will be sad to see him go and change into a pre-teen, but to be honest...once they turn 11 they are soooooo over primary that it is not even funny. I am thinking more it is what is represented today. He is leaving his little man status to start on a new path for him. I am excited, but I know my days are numbered where he wants to snuggle on my lap, look up at me with his big blue eyes and tell me: "I love you mommy." Yes, he still calls me mommy...when his friends are not around, or sisters for that matter. I am excited for the new fun that he is allowed to have though. Still it will be hard to watch him leave primary. This week we will need to get him some nice church clothes to celebrate. He will roll his eyes, but I suppose since he will be a teen soon that I should get used to it!!!!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Onward Christian Soldier. Thats what I used to say to the boys. I know they hated it, but it always made me smile. I hope he has a ton of wonderful and spirtual experiences to sustain him through the teenage years. Sad when they grow up and out of Primary.