Sunday, April 13, 2008

Lean on me......


When I first moved back down here to good ol' California after growing a becoming stronger spiritually and stronger in my marriage I was not in the best of minds. my husband had just lost his job and we had completely uprooted ourselves. It broke my heart to see my children be torn apart and having to make new friends. I will forever be appreciative of my parents for helping us and I know that Don will always feel the same.

While we were up in Oregon we had a very tough time. Don worked out of town three weeks out of the month and it seemed that I was raising three small children on my own. It truly was the hardest thing I have ever done. I walked and sometimes crawled through the depths of depression. It was the toughest and darkest and most lonely time of my life. it was then I made a new friend who happened to live in Scotland. We began to write and soon became fast friends. She is probably the best friend that I have in the world and yet barely understands just how special she really is to me. We have been through so much together these past 6 years writing back and forth. We often wonder why Heavenly Father separated us on this earth. Perhaps life would be too easy to lean upon each other so close, but a bit harder being an entire ocean apart. Heavenly Father is never cruel so we have been blessed to have the Internet to relay messages back and forth to one another.

She helped me through the last few wards trying to make friends, but finding a cold shoulder. There are several in this ward that know me as outspoken, but also know that truly I am a shy person. I just put on good front sometimes. I often see my friends struggling with different obstacles in their lives and I wanted them to know that they are not alone. none of us are perfect. I have been dealing with many anxieties this tax season and I am praying that it will all soon be over with and I will no longer need to deal with all of it and things will calm down. It will...I promise. It takes time for things to even out. I will make it through this...with a little help with my friends. I just want to let all my girlfriends and those passing on through know...you will make...just lean on a friend and know that you are loved!!!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Lovely post. Friends are a wonderful thing, aren't they? To have even just one good one is a blessing indeed.

Unknown said...

You are such a great person! I feel blessed to have you in my life!

Jan said...

I am so glad that you have friends when you need them. And we always need someone. I would rather have one good friend than 20 so so's. Low maintenance friends are my very favorite.