Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Daydreams!!!

When I am stuck here at work and it is quiet, besides the wind whipping along the roofline outside I tend to fall into daydream after daydream. Viewing movies in my head of my own creation. SOme are fabulous, others...well let's just say I have also created a dumpster for my daydreams, but what else can a girl so to keep her mind going? I am working on a story that was created out of an experience with my family several Christmases ago. My father dresses as Santa for the grandkids, as the patriarch of our family is required to do every year. It is tradition after all. While we were visiting my parents one Christmas with my kids, ages 5,6 & 7 (yes I am slightly insane). my 3 year old, Molly, carried her grandfather's shoes to his closet and saw the jingle bells and my father's Santa suit hanging in preparation of that night's appearance. Molly's imagination took over and she told her two cousins, also five years old, that there was a door in the back of their grandfather's closet that leads to the North Pole and that their Grandpa was the "real" Santa. needless that was where the story took off and with my storyteller's imagination it turned into a great adventure that really was a fun thing to do. I have put that story on the back burner as I was consumed with another. I am happy to say that now with the other story done I am turning my attention back to finishing and retuning the North Portal. I will perhaps work on some pictures to add to it and then I am planning on self publishing it to give to my father for Christmas. It is something that he has asked me repeatedly for Christmas to have. I painted a picture once and he framed it...I was in my late twenties so it is a meaningful gift that will be sent out to all family members for the holidays. I guess my daydreaming has a purpose sometimes...and it is cheaper than renting movies!!!

No comments: