Monday, April 28, 2008

Sometimes the journey is worth it...


Being that it is monday, our last day off for the week and the kids are off track for the month of May from school we decided to make each Monday an adventure. Well, we certainly did today. We were bound and determined to head out on a bike ride with the kids and hopefully get a little exercise today. We drifted off for breakfast when we woke up and then headed off to the good ol' Banta Inn for breakfast and then off to Del Valle.

We biked around for a bit before deciding to go call it a day and lift our deeply exhausted bodies into the truck. We decided to go for a drive as we are going to head over and camp in two weeks at Del Valle. Now the best part is that it is thirty minute drive from our house to the campground. Not too far, but far enough to get away.

After our quick tour of the campground we were heading on out when we hit Mines Rd. Don said to me: "Do you want to see where Mines Rd. takes us?" Now, most of the time I can get lost in a paper bag, but Don has an excellent sense of direction for the most part so if he wants to try a new road it usually turns out faster....not this time. We ended up driving for an extra hour and a half just to get home. Wow!!! THough what I noticed in our drive is that my three kids...still babies to me... were together and were playing and laughing. Time passes far too quickly in my mind and it was at that moment I savored my three kids goofiness and their laughs. It is a treasure that is worth more than anything. Needless to say, by the time we got home we had a very little time to run and buy Bryan his first suit, grab some milk and then run home for Family Home Evening. Now we are all laying in our beds worn from the day, but it was an adventure with the four most important people in my life. I enjoyed my Monday adventure. I wonder where we will go next Monday!!!

1 comment:

Jan said...

That looked way worth it. How fun. I love all those pictures Tammy. I love when I can see a little bit of you guys and your kids and house and things. It looks wonderful.