Friday, April 25, 2008

Annoying customers...

Yesterday seemed to be a very long day at the store particularly because there were not a large amount of customers coming in and buying to their hearts content. We were told earlier in the week by a supplier that we do not buy enough from them and basically were considered "small potatoes" and basically we weren't ordering enough from them to keep their pockets filled with our hard earned money. I hate to be a complainer, but it happens sometimes. very few of you will ever see me in my frustrated state ebcause I am an incredibly brilliant actress...that is why i won the Donald R. Bisbee award for acting excellence. Oh? You haven't heard of it. Perhaps that is because it was named after my drama teacher in high school who created the award and named it after himself. I thought it was pretty funny. Anyway, I am usually fairly easy going because I have learned not to get upset about the thigns that I have absolutely no control over. However, at the same time I get frustrated and bottle it up til I explode like a bottle of champagne.

oops, back to the real meaning of my rant. We have heard from a few customers that come in once every two months...very loyal you see... that we are going out of business. That is always good to hear. This rumor swirls around about once every six months. It is a pain in the neck to hear people who know absolutely nothing because they never come in and start saying that we are going out of business. This particular woman is a know it all and will spread the rumors as far as she can because she is one of those women that could make Cinderella's stepmother look like Mother Theresa. And beleive me I am dead serious.

Unfortunately what she didn't think about was that this time with the economy so bad here we are lucky to be alive right now. We watch helplessly as other businesses fall under and disappear into the dust, but we are still fighting to stay alive. Why? Because this is my husband's dream. It is in his blood to run his own store and we were able to make that dream come true. You see, life is more about experiences than anything in my book. What can we learn from the experiences that we have had?

Don encourages me to dream about my writing. He tells me on late nights, when I am sitting in my chair typing ridiculously fast so not to lose the words that are in my head, that he can't wait to see my book on the best seller list. Of course, if you knew how badly he struggles with dyslexia you would also know that he would never read one of my books, but wait for the movie to come out.

So, what can I learn from this experience with the rumor going around that we are closing?

Simple...I hate stupid people who don't check facts before they jabber on and on about things they know nothing about.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you should tell that lady the next time you see her, stupid is as stupid does! and smile cryptically at her.

calvin LOVES his new dog food, by the way! your store rocks.

Carolyn said...

Keep going and ignore the haters. People who suck want other people to fail because it makes them feel better about how pathetic they are.

Looking forward to your book (and the movie).