Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sitting Still...

It's nearing the time of night when I turn into a pumpkin, but I am thrilled I have finally been able to sit down tonight. We had a marathon shopping trip tonight. We spent a lot of time at Costco grabbing our gallon size jars of mayo and buckets of pickles plus enough toilet paper to fulfill my required year storage. After our trip there we dropped the items at the house asking my two oldest to put away the gorceries while we headed to the local market to pick out some fresh fruits and veggies to top off our shopping experience.
Surprise surprise when I made it home to find that my two kids at home cleaned the kitchen and washed the dinner dishes while we were gone to the market. My youngest rolled her eyes in the way only she can and dismissed them as "suck-ups," but after working for nine hours and then having to come home and head out to shop until I was literally ready to drop. Even then we still needed to replace the heavy oak bookcase we has moved for the flooring plus my butcher block cabinet in the kitchen. By the time it hit 9pm I was ready to drop and my allergies were killing me while the dust was stirred up and we wiped down each and every book. Ugh! What a way to end the day!!!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Those are some nice kids. Just reading this post made me want to drop. Go and take a rest on. Allergies can wipe anyone out just in itself. Pumpkin? Funny.