Monday, April 21, 2008

Good-bye dust hugging carpet!!!


The work started today on out flooring. Honestly, I was a bit nervous that we had chosen the correct color for the floors, but we were thrilled to be done and over with the entire dust trapping carpet that is slowly killing my lungs.

It was fun to see the carpet go bye bye. The blue color was just not what I liked. However, it was wonderful carpet. The problem is that it would trap the dust unerneath and everytime the kids would jump or stomp the dust would fly. So, this is why we planned this change. If you would've seen the dust trapped under the padding your skinw ould crawl. It's been there for nearly two decades so it has lasted. I am looking forward to my new room though. It will be fun!!!

Anyway,we had a lot of progress made on our floor. By tomorrow night our living room and kitchen will be complete!!! I am thrilled. I hope you enjoy the updates!!! I can't wait to show you the room once it is all finished tomorrow!!!

4 comments:

Jan said...

I am loving that dark wood. That will look so much better than the carpet. Yeah. No more blues.......

Hatch Family said...

you will love it. it looks great so far!

Unknown said...

Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.