Saturday, April 19, 2008

D-Day is approaching!!!!



Well my dear friends Monday is the day that will drive me beyond crazy. I had better take extra allergy medicine because if one doesn't get me the other will. Though Monday is a day off I will be working like no other!!! After dropping the kids off at school Don and I are coming back home to tackle the backyard. We need to pull weeds and haven't had the free time to do it. So, Monday is it. With the wind whipping around it should be no problem in making my allergies flare up. Of course I could go inside to escape, but not even that will help since we are getting our kitchen and living room floor replaced with laminate flooring. When my in-laws picked the carpeting it was fine. it really is a wonderful carpet, but when you have allergies like mine it is a death trap. I can vacuum for hours and still pick up dust out of it. It is so thick that it traps the dust below and then I have to deal with the dust popping out of it. If one of my kids jumps in the room you will see that dust is now flying. Now I understand why my house seems to be so dusty all of the time. I am going to need to move my books tomorrow or even tonight so that way I don't need to worry about it all....and truly take tomorrow as a day of rest!!!! Probably not, but I can dream can't I?!?! So, hopefully by the end of the week I should have new flooring in these two rooms. Eventually it will go throughout the house, but for now our pockets tell us it is those two rooms that we need it the most.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

From one allergy sufferer to another, get a Dyson. My allergies have been bad this year, but not nearly as bad as in years past. I think it's because of our Dyson. It's amazing.

Unknown said...

How exciting! YOu will LOVE the flooring. My house feels so much cleaner with my laminate floor. Have fun on Monday, nothing like a good day of yard work!