Thursday, April 17, 2008

SuperMom Syndrome



Has anyone else ever had this syndrome?

The symptoms are:
1. Believing we can do everything
2. Saying "yes" to everyone that needs our help
For example: "Yes, I can sew 30 costumes for the school pageant they are performing in three days."
3. Not taking a deep breath and realizing it is ok to think about ourselves for once.
4. Never let anyone know you are not "SuperMom"

I seriously have had that syndrome. You can ask a few of the primary workers that saw me ask what time it is and when they saw the look on my face they asked how I was doing. "Fine," was all I could say with a fake smile plastered across my face. Really, we need to all realize that we cannot do everything. if we could then we would all have lovely capes in various shades of red and fly from one task to another...Even Superman needed a vacation once in awhile. Why don't we get one?

So, cheers to all of my "SuperMom" friends. may your cape fly brilliantly in the wind and may you always have time to take a deep breath before carrying on with the day. And...may you always know that we cannot accomplish everything by ourselves, but together we can do anyhting!!!

No comments: