Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Where's Wile E. Coyote and ACME when you need them?!

This story acutally started yesterday...and truly before you ask. Yes, this is my life. Nobody could make this up. A customer drove in yesterday and unbeknownst to him a chicken from his yard had somehow gotten inside the truck to the point that he had no clue it was there. Well, he came to our store to buy, no joke...chicken food. This must be heven for all chickens to see stacks and stacks of food just for them. Well, as he was inside paying and my hubby was dutifully loading him up the chicken ran for it and has decided to stay. Since dear ol' george could not catch his chicken he left it here!!!! Are you kidding me?!?!? I have three dogs who are not fond of any creature, feathered or not, invading their back yard. We have found mice, rats, possum, birds and yes, even cats and bunnies. I promise not to go into details. However, we were not holding out hope at all that this chicken would survive the night. This morning I go out and try to find the body as my dogs were barking and growling like there was another victim ready for me to clean up. No remains anywhere. Curious as I was I had initally figured that the chicken actually did leave with George, unbeknownst to us. Nope! I went out again and our dear friend the chicken was clucking over in the corner...alive, not a scratch on it.So, now, we basically have to find a way to catch this fabulous creature and keep it safe until george comes back in...in two weeks!!! I am not thrilled, but I will need to work on a way to trap this chicken. Call the boys at ACME and let's put on our thinking caps!!! We needs to catch us a chicken fellas!!!

Well, it should be easier than a greased pig!!!! RIGHT!?!?!?!

1 comment:

Jan said...

That is hilarious Tammy. I am sorry, but I can't help but laugh. We raise chickens, so I am use to them around. Well hopefully he will survive this 2 long weeks of playing Coyote.