Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm ba-ack!!!! Recovery...and then some.


Well my fabulous friends. I can honestly claim now that I have survived the weekend!!! We made it back fairly early which was fine by me. We spent 5 hours on the lake this weekend attempting to catch a fish. Our fishing derby was set, but honestly. Bragging rights were there for the taking for any member of the Caldron clan willing to give it a shot. Everyone did their best, but Alas...the fish had outsmarted us 100% and the only thing we came back with were sunburns. I enjoyed spending time with the kids as they whined and moaned about being so board in the boat and being hot. I had no problems... of course I had kicked off my shoes and let my feet dangled over the front into the water. Fabulouso!!!! Anyway, we got back and rested for a bit before we decided to head to the beach. When we went to the beach I swear it was the funniest thing you had ever seen. Here I am the whitest (with Dutch descent what else could I be?) walking onto the beach that was filled with the Latino population. They were barbecuing with family dancing, playing, swimming...their food smelled amazing by the way and it reminded me of being in San Diego (where I was born). People were friendly and the kids had fun as we laughed about the time I went on a cruise to Mexico with my sister-in-law. We brought home a video of myself and my niece swimming with the dolphins. When I proudly showed the video to my mother (my dream of swimming with those magnificent creatures fulfilled) my mother's first comment was: "How long did it take those poor Mexican people to regain their sight after you blinded them with your legs." Hey!!! Thanks MOM!!!! It was rather funny and the itty bitties running around in their swimsuits were adorable. We finally made it back to camp and honestly too much sun for me. I was ready to pass out from too much sun. We made..hee hee...tacos for dinner...and then sat around watching the fire as the kids made 'smores and I read a book. my oldest asked me a question about the book I had been working on for ages. She asked me if I could add more to the story because it didn't seem completely finished to her. I asked her if she expected an epic battle in the end and she said: "No...but it needs something." So, I am back to work on my precious book again trying to make it just right for my most truthful, but never harshest critic.

Now I am just going to relax, enjoy the rest of the night and count the minutes until tomorrow hits and I have to go back to work. Oh and by the way...with our date with Kat Country radio station...it was phenomenal. Totally worth it. For those of you who do not know the radio medium is fairly expensive, but after adding up our totals for Friday and Saturday afterwards I can tell you honestly...it was we.ll well worth it. Now, one more time at the concert. I am going to be selling our own t-shirts from the store that I had a hand in designing...I will show them to you all when they are delivered. I am grateful that we have survived the first year of running the store on our own making our own decisions. It's a good life. Our next destination will be at the end of June...a couple days in Tahoe at a great condo. I love it!!!!

No comments: