Friday, May 30, 2008

A few random thoughts....


First and foremost I would like to introduce you to the first plants i have ever grown without killing. I do not have a green thumb in any possible shade. My thumb is more black to be honest. I kill even hardy plants...how sad. But they herbs are growing quite well so I am thrilled. I look at them at points in the day...mostly the morning time when i am in the living room more and I am stunned that they are still alive and growing after 2 1/2 weeks. Amazing!!!!

On an incredibly different subject my dear nephew, Kenny, has graduated from high school last night. He is such a good kid and I met him when I began to date Don. he was two back then. We took a picture at the wedding with all of Don's nieces and nephews and they were all so young. It's amazing to see the time pass and the kids grow like weeds. What can we do, they eventually have to grow up.

Don felt proud to see his nephew graduate last night. Due to a few credits not making it to Don's transcript he wasn't allowed to walk with the rest of us that night. It is always a bitter sweet time, but since he has seen Kenny grow through the years it really made him happy to watch him walk last night. my ears are still ringing from the screaming he did for him. Congrats kenny and good luck in the Navy!!!!

3 comments:

Jan said...

That is really nice of you guys to scream your heads off for the nephew. It is a very proud moment indeed.. Hes a cutie. Your husband too. The plants are really doing well. I can't wait until they fill it all up.

Unknown said...

Awwwww! What a cute guy! And Don too.:)

Unknown said...

thanks for posting pictures, it's great to see the action. I really wish I could have been there.