Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day and Beyond

I woke up on mother's Day while everyone else slept. It seems to be my major flaw right now is not sleeping at the correct time...Hence the fact that I am wide awake at 3:15 this morning. Needless to say I enjoyed my Mother's Day. We woke up and dressed before bumbling off to church. Afterwards, we came home and my hubby and kids slaved away in the kitchen making me a delicious Mother's Day brunch. I sat relaxing the rest of the day while they waited on me hand and foot...I love this day!!!

After brunch my kids presented me with their offering this year:

A few of you might have the raised eyebrows and saying "Huh?", but really this is a very thoughtful gift from my kids and family. I love to cook even though I rarely get the chance to really go for it instead of making thoroughly boring feed and run dinners. I also really wish I had a garden. Unfortunately, my allergies, won't allow it. Right now the thought of even going outside is terrifying to me. Allergy season here is fairly bad, but I just heard last night we should reach the hundreds this week. I hate the heat but if they kill off the ickies in the air I will be thankful!!!! So, my family bought me the aerogarden which is situated right in the corner of my living room. It is basically a hydroponic garden. I am starting off with some italian herbs. Apparently they need three weeks to grow and then I can harvest for the next 4 months after that. They also bought extra seeding kits for other growth including a salad kit which i can grown my own salad in my living room. Sound fairly odd, but yummers at the same time. I will update you on my progress. So far, not seedlings yet, but it is only tuesday!!!!

Yesterday we joined my in-laws in heading up to Yosemite at a horrible hour of the morning, but nevertheless we made it. We hiked to bridal veil falls and then off to Yosemite falls. Afterwards, we stopped for a picnic lunch and then Don, the kids and I split off from the group for a bike ride. We covered about 8 miles round trip and by the time we were finished so was I!!!

We loaded up the bikes and I fell asleep right away as we exited the park. I woke up a little while later when Don claimed he was extremely sleepy. I drove the rest of the way home and paid for it in spades. All that great fresh air apparently shocked my system and I developed a full blown migraine by the time we made it home. I pretty much laid in bed and whined about it for the next couple hours and fell asleep. Now, it is very early in the morning and I am happy that it departed, but I am still not asleep...bummer!!! It was a fun day. I am not looking forward to my work day, but who does right?!

1 comment:

Jan said...

So sorry about the headache. I hate those things.

Other than that Tammy and am completely and madly jealous. I want that grow machine. I love it to grow my herbs. It looks so much easier than in pots. Lucky Momma. And that park I heard is so beautiful. I would love to go there sometime for sure. I got bottles water for my present from hubby. I still can't believe it....