Saturday, May 10, 2008

Do you know what I really want?!

I want to sit in one place for more than two minutes without someone calling me saying: "Mom! I need you!"

I want to talk on the phone without all three of my kids wanting attention the minute my attention is diverted to someone else.

I want to eat warm food and not worry about making sure everyone else is fed.

I want to go on vacation by myself without worrying about anyone else's needs.

I want to sleep every night and not worry about my kids' grades, friends, etc.

I want to know they are safely tucked into bed.

I want to walk through the supermarket without hearing: "Mom, can I have...?"

I want to wash my clothes without finding numerous toys, chapsticks, markers and such have ruined all of my clothes.

I want to watch an entire episode of my favorite show without interruptions.

I want someone else to clean up the vomit when my kids are sick.

I want to relax out by the pool without the kids cannonballing in just to get me wet.

I want to sleep in without being awoken by a child's complaint of a headache.

Do you know what I really want?! None of that...I want my kids!!!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Too funny. I can SO relate, and I only have one. May the force be with you...

Jan said...

That was perfect Tammy. It is so true on how we can feel and then reality sets in.. It is so worth all of it.

Like Carolyn.. May the force be with you. And force you to carry on :O