Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It happened...

Well, yesterday after recovering from a weekend filled with sunstrokes we headed off to the mall. I told Don that I needed t-shirts for the summer and so we headed over to Old Navy just to pick up a few random t-shirts. Nothing too strenuous or major. Now, you need to know that I am entirely a creature of habit. I love to be in my home and not be disturbed by the outside world. Much like a turtle, I like to have my home nearby in case I need to hide away for whatever reason. The same goes for clothing. I like my safe and "normal" clothes. Most of you may not know...I am not a shopper. I grew up playing in the dirt with my brothers. I have seen the dark side when I created my own outfits when I was a teen...not a good thing. Let's just say I could have given Amy Winehouse a run for her money (fashion only, not drug use). Well, I hadn't paid so much attention to it at first and then I opened my eyes a bit as we stood around the t-shirt racks my children and hubby dutifully picked out 8 new t-shirts in various shades and patterns. I looked over at another rack that had screen printed t-shirts in fun and vibrant colors. I started to walk over there when it was explained to me in no uncertain terms that "women my age do not wear t-shirts like this." We are apparently boring old hags that are allowed only plain colors and nothing exciting. OUCH!!!! See if I ever take her anywhere...ever again, because people my age get cranky easily!!!!

No comments: