Monday, May 5, 2008

A special day...


We made it to church early as Bryan was very excited about not having to attend primary. Our family from both sides filled 2 1/2 pews to support Bryan. We watched as he walked and stood by the bishop. He looked so small but he is getting older and soon he will start getting taller and taller until he towers over me. We listened to the testimonies and one young man,a friend of Bryan's from primary that won't join the young men until next year, stood in front of the congergation and bore his testimony and said: "I know Byran will make a great priesthood holder." It was touching to here a young man say that. To be honest I was excited for Bryan. There was nothing in me that was going to feel emotional, but as the men placed their hands on the top of his head and I heard Don's voice begin tears poured down my cheeks and everyone else's in that room. Afterwards, he stood a little taller and smiled a little bigger.

After church I know that the family was expecting a luncheon even though we made it clear this was not going to happen. Don wanted to teach bryan a very quiet lesson that was incredible to watch. After church on a fast Sunday Bryan, who normally would be cranky because he was hungry, smiled when his Dad whispered the words: "Now let's get to work." Bryan smiled again and said: "Ok, let's go!" After dropping us off at home I watched as my young man stood a little taller and jumped into the truck and they drove off to collect fast offerings...smiling big.

3 comments:

Hatch Family said...

i'm glad you had a good day yesterday.

Unknown said...

He was so sweet when he came a knockin' on my door! I have a special place in my heart for him. Maybe because I hope Dayton will grow to be just like him!

Jan said...

What a nice young man and very handsome too. Church early? That is impressive. I always love the mass of people that come in after the sacrament from the lobby. Half the ward is in the lobby during it. So funny.

What a wonderful day you had Tammy.