Tuesday, May 27, 2008

No, I wish I were kidding!!!!


Now, lately I have told you of my adventure with a chicken. We have a bunny and three dogs. We have had hamsters, goldfish, a kitten and even parakeets and finches. Our dogs have captured and killed, birds, rats, mice and even opposums. We sell feed for goats, horses, cow, pigeons, doves, guinea fowl, camels and yes, we have even ordered monkey chow when asked. Animals are nothing new to us. However today was something more different than I need to hear.

We received a shipment of feed today from a supplier. It was a good amount of dog food that we sell quite quickly. As the driver and Don were unloading it, the driver dropped a bag onto the pile and then he just about screamed. He claimed there was a spider that jumped out from under the pile and ran across the floor. Ok! Guess what?!?! I hate spiders, there is no denying that, but when he tells me that it looked like a tarantula and said the phrase: "It could eat a mouse!" I wanted to club the young man. he doesn't understand number 1 my intense fear of spiders...and number 2 I completely, utterly and incandescently HATE tarantulas. In answer to your questions: No, I never saw a thing. I looked as did Don and we never found any sign of a tarantula. We shall see though. Tomorrow, Don will unload feed and I will be alone in the store. Call out the MARINES!!! I need a tank!!! I need a flame-thrower!!! Any volunteers?!?!?! Somehow I don't think anyone will volunteer.

2 comments:

Jan said...

This picture alone sent me shivers. My daughter said cool right away. I just don't get how she can handle those spiders. I am so sorry that you have to feel this way going to work. That is just to much wildlife action in your life right now...

Unknown said...

How on earth did you sleep last night??????