Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Just beginning...

I jsut thought I would update you all since I have no new news or thoughts. We had a bit of fun tonight. The girls and I ran off right after work and tackled a few items that needed to be done. Friday will be another visit from our local country radio station Kat Country. Our gimmick this...This friday, May 16th, Don and I are clebrating not only owning the store for one year, but the 31st year in business for the Caldron Family. A feat not easily done these days. I am grateful to own our business although altely I have found myself grumbling. I beleive a change in attitude is in order. My Daddy is coming to barbecue hot dogs for us and we are serving free lunch from 11-1pm for all of our guests that show up. So, today the girls and I bought over 200 hot dogs and chips. The radio station is providing the drinks. SO...we are ready for the barbecue. We already have people coming in to check out the items we have in stock deciding jsut what they want to buy on friday's sale. I am grateful. Believe me, if I could kneel down I would. My heart is so thankful for my prayers being answered.

Also, I had to pick up my fishing license for this weekend. We have decided to head out camping for the weekend and Don and I are renting a boat each to take the kids out to give them a good appreciation for fishing...and a little bragging rights. Don has never outfished me. My father has never outfished me since I was itty bitty. To give you an idea I grew up in gorgeous Lake Tahoe. My father was and still is quite the fisherman. When I was younger...around 3rd grade... we went to the eastern shore to do some fishing. My Dad was throwing in all of his fancy lures with no such luck. I asked my Daddy for some fishing string to tie to my stick and he agreed happy that his daughter was going to be the best fisherwoman in the entire world. he offered bait, but I shook my head, being the stubborn dutch girl that I am. Legend has it that I plopped my little hook into the water off the rocky shore my father had unsuccessfully worked on for several hours. Not five minutes later without bait I pulled a fish out of the water on my stick and brought it to my proud Daddy. I believe I remember him chucking a few of his lures directly into the lake moments after he unhooked my fish. Now that I am older and less cute when I fish with my father I find a certain someone is throwing rocks at my line while my head is turned. I have kept this going with every man that I have ever fished with. So, in a surprise move I have gone to Wal-Mart with my girls and shown them my secret...my bait. In truth, the only thing that keeps Don from beating me is patience. I have learned it and he has not. Who knows, perhaps with his own boat he will finally overtake my luck...stay tuned.

The real reason I started this post was to update the news on my little garden. The basil and thyme have barely started sprouting. It will take a few more days before I can pull the domes off for them to start growing faster. I am completely fascinated with the idea of growing plants with no soil. It is an odd move for me because I am not a gardener. I kill everything so I was hoping thsi might help. We shall see. So far so good though!!!!!

And I had nothing to write...Hmmm.

2 comments:

Jan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jan said...

I just can't tell you how excited I am in watching the progress of this grower. I just might get one if it works out for you so keep updating from time to time okay Tammy. Thanks..