Saturday, May 3, 2008

Well worth the 24 year wait!!!!

So I woke up early after the alien invasion in my head. I thanks everyone that commented and you are right...sometimes Mom literally does need a timeout where she doesn't have to worry about being "Mom", "Wife" or even "All around incredible goddess divine." So last night when I took off for the concert being spoiled by my hubby my stomach was in knots. The last time I had taken any time off from everything was several years ago when I made my way down to Mexico and lived out a few of my dreams. So, when I found out from a friend that my teen loves Duran Duran were coming to Concord I was thrilled. I was sorry Don was already scheduled to spend some time with his friends, which is fine with me, because honestly, like David Cassidy is to others Duran Duran is better experienced with the girls. Of course I also have to add that if Don HAD been able to come. I still would've had a great time.

So, when that glorious time hit...I left work early...and in some style my hubby insisted on for this night. I guess waiting 24 years has some perks. Laura was a sweetheart and picked up sandwiches for us and we sat back enjoying our feast and not having to drive.



In no time at all our driver maneuvered us expertly into the VIP section, though our parking passes called for regular parking and a bit of hiking. We kicked back in the car until it was time for the concert and headed in. What I wasn't expecting were the people there. We were laughing so hard at some of the nicknames that we had come up with. There was a man that wore a leather suit. Not so bad really, it's not my thing, but hey whatever. What made us giggle was that it was brown, way too tight and he wore a fedora style straw hat with it. "Leather Man" as we called him attracted a lot of attention as he walked up the aisle. The groupie was there. She tried several times to talk herself into the backstage area. She gave it everything she had, but alas security didn't care and kept her rightfully out. On our way in we saw a man we nicknamed Guido. Now, this man was standing outside IHOP staring at our limo chewing on a toothpick and pacing back and forth. He had a mullet...business up front and party in the back... and a couple thick gold chains around his new and every few steps he would spit. we were thankful our doors were locked at that point. Anyway, back to the concert.

We saw Jen and Mark and just had a blast. I enjoyed the opening act: "Your Vegas" who are a new group from the UK. They have a sound similar to Duran Duran and I have a feeling in the next couple years they will hit the forefront. Talented young me. I got their album off Itunes and played it for my daughter and she loved it. What I didn't expect was what happened when the concert started. I danced. I danced the entire time only resting a bit. My knees ached...when don't they ache, but you know what...I don't care.

I don't care what the world thought of my 6 ft tall body dancing and enjoying myself. It was great...Now somebody get me the icy hot to make it through today!!!

I know what you all are asking: "Tammy!? Forget the concert, what about the souvenir?" Well...I am not into the entire t-shirt thing any longer and decided that anything I bought would clutter up. My pictures were my souvenir along with this:



What you are looking at my good friends is a Dasani Water that I purchased for more than one gallon of gas!!! Yup! $5!!!! It is cheaper to buy it in Disneyland!!!!!
Wow!!!! I about fell over!!!

Well all. In the end I had a fabulous time and I am still exhausted...my son woke me up at 6:30 am because today is his 12th birthday. I went to sleep at 1 am. It's going to be a long day, but at least I don't have to cook tonight!!!! Let Bryan pick the restaurant. We are going out!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wooohooo! I am still on a D2 high! Your picture is awesome!!!!!

Carolyn said...

Good times fun times!! Love the limo. Way to ride in style, but I guess that's just how you roll...

Jan said...

You went stylin to the concert. That was the spaceship you were dreaming about. Awesome. Glad that you had a dancing good time. Way to let your hair down and just get busy with it. Why not right? I am glad that you could meet up with Jen and that must have been fun. So funny about all the people you named and I wish I could have seen leather man. Hope you can sit through church today and not ache to badly. You'll go to bed early for sure tonight. WoooHooo.....

Poetry of Life said...

I had such a great time! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!