Thursday, May 15, 2008

Caldo!!!!


Please believe I am not whining...at least this time. Our weather has turned unusually warm here and we should hit the hundreds. So, why am I smiling? To be perfectly honest. I don't do heat well. Normally, I am grumpy and irritable and I do actually pass out in the heat, but I am trying very hard to not complain at this time for one reason and one reason alone: allergies. I don't know about any of you, but the allergy season here has been horrendous. Nothing I take gives me complete relief from the symptoms. It will merely take the edge off. So, I am hoping and praying that this heat will bake off all of the allergies producing plants and such so I can finally take in a deep breath without sneezing, coughing, watery eyes,and feeling miserable for the next 12 hours. It has gotten so bad that I can barely stand being outside. While Don and the kids weeded I had to be tucked away inside the house by hubby's orders. He hates to see me suffer and this season he has seen me going non-stop. So, for the week I can deal with the lack of air conditioning here at the house. Yes, when the economy picks back up and people start spending money again we will be putting money aside for the wonderfully pleasant air conditioning. I am going to love that!!! Until then i will soak in the pool to stay cool...or invade the homes of my friends to lower the body temperature down a bit.

I just hope this heat wipes out the allergies for good this time, especially before we leave for camping saturday!!!

4 comments:

Poetry of Life said...

You are welcome over anytime! We keep it at 78 degrees and it kind of feels like a cave because everything is closed: windows, blinds, doors, etc. Great for hiding away!

Jan said...

I am so with you on the heat. I don't do well either. When I was young, we had to work hard on the farm. I had 2 heat type strokes and now I get so overheated quickly and my pressure shoots up. I get so miserable. I am a 70's girl all the way. I can even handle the 60's.

Silcox Stories said...

You are welcome here too. Do you really think we are headed out anywhere this summer? Come on over, I would love the company!
-Jennie

Carolyn said...

I don't do heat either. I react like a big furry dog would - I just curl up in the coolest corner I can find and pant until I feel better.

I'm SO with you on the allergies. I cannot wait for them to be gone. Although the grass pollens start going crazy with the sun, so I'm miserable for another little while at least. Arrgh.

Hope you had fun camping.