Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My silly boy

I truly thought things would change with Bryan turning twelve and being allowed added responsibilities at church. My daughter, Corinna, blossomed overnight into a teen. Quite honestly I love this time in their lives. Don't get me wrong it was great to watch them learn all their firsts...crawling, walking, talking, etc. However, I find that they are fascinating now that they are stretching their wings and starting to fly a bit about the nest. Luckily, they have kept their attitudes in check, so far, and are actually pretty cool kids.

Anyway, my son comes into my bedroom this morning and crawls into bed with me, kisses me on the ceek and tells me I am the best Mom in the world...or at least in the top five anyway. I can go for that. He gave me a big hug and a big kiss on the cheek. I hope he stays this way, but I know he won't. All too soon he will enter those years where he will try to grow up too fast and I don't like that part at all, but I will have to put him back into place and he will be fine as they all are. It was a very nice start to the morning.

2 comments:

♪Emmy♪ said...

That is very silly!!!! :)

Carolyn said...

That is the best way to start your day! Lovely.

ps - did you know you can't access your blog via your profile? Did you mean to do that? I mention it because if someone clicks on you from a comment you've left elsewhere they can't get to you.

Anyway, just wondering...