Thursday, May 1, 2008

Update on D-D-Day!!!


I was talking to my Mom tonight and I said to her: "Hey, Mom? Remember when i was twelve and I wanted to go to see Duran Duran in San Francisco 24 years ago and you said NO?"

"Yes, I remember that...you whined for ages. They were pretty good. I enjoyed their music."

"Really?! Well, I am going to see them tomorrow night."

"Does that mean you will never whine about it again?"

"No, that means I can remind you that I had to wait 24 years to see them!!!"

"Are they using walkers now?"

"No Mom!!!"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes Mom!!!"

"You're not going to get arrested are you?"

"MOTHER!!!!"

"Don't forget to wear clean underwear...you never know if you will get into an accident." laughter on the receiver.

"Quite honestly Mom, if I do get into an accident the cleanliness of my underwear is not going to be my main concern as I might mess them anyway." Insert eye roll here.

"Just wear clean ones anyway...and have a great time!!!"

"Thanks, Mom. Bye"

"Bye"

I figured you all would enjoy this conversation between my mother and I. Go ahead keep laughing!!! I actually enjoyed it. The entire conversation was sarcastic as usual. Gotta love that sense of humor. And by the way growing up she forced me to hear every version of "Copa Cabana." I still have nightmares that involve Barry Manilow to this day. Go figure!

2 comments:

Hatch Family said...

have fun....enjoy your night out!

Unknown said...

eh-hem! It was the Oakland Coliseum! J/K...BUT I WAS THERE!!!!It was soooo cool when John referred to it in the concert tonight! He must remember me too, in all my 6th grade glory! Another J/K...sorry I am being obnoxious, it is 1:10 AM and I CAN'T got to sleep!!@!!!