Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A sad read...

In California we are dealing with the same sex marriage issue...again. Several times the people of this state have voted it down telling the government we do not believe in this. Time and time again it comes back. We have it up for vote to amend the state constitution to state quite clearly that marriage is defined as between a man and a woman. I read today a viewpoint of someone that crushed me. They wanted us to stop the hatred towards people that are different. I don't understand where this hatred she talks about comes from. Our Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us that comes to this earth, make no mistake about that. It is our own choices, mine, yours and everyone else's that He is not always thrilled with, but that does not diminish the love he feels for us. Marriage however is a completely different thing. It is a sacred ordinance for a man and woman to unite their lives together. It has been that way since time began. The first marriage of Adam and Eve was ordained of God. There is no straying from that point. Not once in the scriptures have I found that the gay/lesbian lifestyle is ordained of God. I am not trying to offend because believe me I do have some great friends who just so happen to be homosexuals. I have customers that I service at the store who live that lifestyle. Do they deserve less respect than the heterosexual customers..not a chance. However, it is time that I stand up for what I believe in. It is time that I cast my vote for what I believe. I pray that this proposition goes through, if it doesn't then this great country we live in has hit another stumbling block and I fear for what will happen next.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw the same video and it made me sad that we are thought of as haters. But you know what? Noone ever said standing up for what we believe in would be easy. Look at what Abinadi (and others) went through. I figure if they could die for their beliefs, I can tolerate being called hateful. Heavenly Father knows the truth.
♥jen

Poetry of Life said...

Good fro you Tammy! I didn't see the video, but it is sad when we are called intolerable for disagreeing. I admire you courage!