Saturday, December 6, 2008

Where did I go?!


I can't describe what happened. I don't relaly know it myself. Perhaps it was the straw that broke the camel's back....Oh! Poor Camel!!!!

Anyway, all day I have sat their receiving condoloences as always from some very nice people, which is really a wonderful sweet thing that i do appreciate it. But, like nails on a chalkboard I am tired of hearing it. It really stinks. I am not worried about that though. It is what it is and I am not upset about any of it. Truly I am not. We are looking forward to our new life and new adventure. Even if business picked up we have already decided we don't want to go through this again.

I don't know what happened, but when a man held up a pair of Ostrich boots (normally $599.95 and on sale for 75% off...bring it down to $149.95). I have to also tell you that most of the exotic leather boots last nearly forever. I talked to one gentleman who told me his last ostrich boots lasted for 2 decades. That is 20 years people!!!! Anyway, when this man asked me if I could make him a better offer I about lost it. The Grinch snuck out and here is what I said in my cheeriest of cheerful voices: "Yes, sir. I'd love to make you a better deal. You see, being that you are really only paying 25% of what the worth of the boots really are and the fact that I am sitting here in a struggling economy trying to work my knuckles to the bone to put a roof over my head and food in my children's belly. It's not enough that I am giving you the 25% discount! Oh no! you have the nerve and audacity to ask me for a larger discount. So, yes, i will change the price for you. Instead of paying that horribly large price of $149.95 I will change it to $699.95 because I really care all about you!!!" He then informed me that the regular price was $100 less. to which I repled: "I know, I just applied an extra $100 charge for my irritation!!!"

Ooops!!! That was soooooo not Christlike.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Well you didn't stick your head in the sand like an ostrich on that one Tammy. But come on dude.

Cynthia said...

People have a lot of nerve and you got to see that yesterday. I don't blame you for losing it. We have our limits.

Unknown said...

Hey, missed you today.
I am so glad you said something? Did he buy the boots???
Jen